Statewide System of Support
The New York Comprehensive Center (NYCC) is assisting the New York State Education Department (NYSED) in building its capacity to implement an integrated and comprehensive statewide system of support for all districts and schools. This system of support meets the performance requirements of No Child Left Behind (NCLB) and New York State’s accountability system.
The initiative works closely with NYSED to achieve the following objectives:
- Define the undergirding principles and elements of a comprehensive system of support.
- Identify the strengths and weaknesses of current practices in order to build a new statewide system of support.
- Convene leaders across NYSED and other relevant state leaders who will use scientifically based resources to implement the emerging statewide system of school support.
- Define the roles and responsibilities of each element of the statewide system of support.
- Identify the skill sets required to enact the elements of the statewide system of support.
- Establish a feedback mechanism that provides ongoing information on the degree of implementation and the impact of the statewide system of support.
In order to assist NYSED with these objectives we directly support staff within NYSED, serve as a link to national resources and expertise, and apply evidence-based practices.
Adam Tanney, Team Leader